Frequently Asked Questions about Massage
What are the Benefits of Massage?
- Exercise and Stretch weak, tight or atrophied muscles
- Pumps oxygen and nutrients and improves circulation
- Relaxes and softens injured, tired and overused muscles
- Releases endorphins that work as the body’s natural painkillers
- Decreases Blood Pressure
- Releases toxins from the muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Lessens depression and anxiety
- Increases joint flexibility
- Helps athletes of any level recover from strenuous workouts
- Enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow (the body’s natural defense system)
- Assists with shorter, easier, labor for expectant mothers and shortens maternity stays
Why do we recommend Massage Therapy with our Chiropractic Treatment?
When working with or moving bones, we must also consider the muscles. In our office we find that blending therapeutic massage helps retrain the muscles to their new position and allows the body to better hold and accept the new positions.
Do I have to see the chiropractor to get a massage in your office?
No. You do not have to be a patient of WellnessFirst of Sullivan to get a massage in our office. However, payment is due at time of service and is not able to be billed to insurance.
What types of massage do you offer?
- Deep Tissue
- Relaxation (Swedish)
- Cupping Massage
- Sports Massage
- Hot Stone
- Prenatal Massage
- Infant and Geriatric
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Myoskeletal Alignment