- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 01-23-2016
· Warm up your muscles before stretching.
Take a 5 minute walk or ride on a stationary bike.
· Hold every stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Shorter stretches are not as beneficial for the muscles; longer stretches risk injury.
· There are 2 types of stretching.
Dynamic Stretching involve movement and should be done before a workout. Static Stretching is when the body is at rest.
· Benefits of stretching.
Increased flexibility, increase blood circulation, improve performance, decrease risk of injury
· If you feel pain during a stretch then you are stretching too hard.
It is normal to feel sore from stretching, but it shouldn’t be painful.
Here are some times that you should stretch:
· Before and After Traveling Before you get in the car and every stop during a long car ride as well as before and after boarding a plane
· At Work When You Feel Stiff
· Before and After Yard work or house work
· When you get up and Before Bed each night
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.